Monday, November 7, 2011

My Bookr Story: Running with the Bulls

Check out my Bookr Story about Running of the Bulls.  I created this digital book for my Spanish students (grades 5 through 8).



Creating this storybook, I saw myself using this in my classroom for a cultural lesson on Running of the Bulls.  Rather than handout an article or lecture about what the event is about, I can see myself presenting this instead to my students.  It's much more engaging for many reasons: authentic photos (realia) are included, the students can read aloud from what is typed on the screen, the pages can even be "turned" by the students.  In this sense, the story is a great way to introduce the celebration and stimulate student interest.  As an additional add-on to the digital story, I can then show them a video clip of live footage from the Running of the Bulls from years past.

1 comment:

  1. Your book looks like it would be a great way to introduce the topic. As the students read the text out loud, it would certainly be interesting to hear their comments!

    ReplyDelete